Rhythm Kids is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4-6) with a parent or caregiver. We drum, we sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music based games. The Rhythm Kids curriculum and classes guide children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
- make their own drumming patterns
- invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc..)
- create movement ideas for songs
- and even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes include at home materials and access to online drum-play videos.
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
- Develop basic rhythm skill, like keeping a beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
- Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Rhythm Kids is an opportunity for children to experience having their first instrument, to care for, practice with at home and bring into class. Music development unfolds in the classroom and in the privacy of the comfort at home where practice and "play" become a part of developing skills and the disposition to want to explore an instrument. There is an option for you to purchase a drum for your child for the class.